Do you want to use the Yesplan API and develop an integration with Yesplan? You will find some frequently asked questions below.
What is Yesplan?§
Yesplan is a SaaS solution that supports venues in the planning and organization of events such as concerts, plays, meetings or conferences. It is used to manage and plan events, staff, resources, contacts, revenue and expenditure.
How Do I Start?§
- Request access to the API of your customer’s Yesplan installation. They have to create an API key and send it to you before you can access the API.
- Analyze your requirements and decide which API (or combination of APIs) you will use.
- Please comply with our pagination requirements and rate limits, and any other restrictions when you write your code.
Through the API, you can modify Yesplan objects in two ways:
- Attach attributes to events, contacts and contact links.
- Modify custom data fields.
See Making Modifications for more information.
The fields you need for your integration (e.g. number of available tickets, capacity) may be custom data fields. As a consequence:
- these fields may not be present on every installation
- if present, the keywords for these fields may differ from installation to installation.
Please bear this in mind when you create an integration that will be used by several Yesplan customers.
Which APIs Does Yesplan Have?§
Yesplan provides different ways for customers and third-party developers to access the event planning data:
- REST API: Yesplan’s main API.
- Webhooks API: they trigger an action in another system. The other system can then retrieve and write data through the Yesplan REST API.
- Dataviews API: our API to request information from dataviews. Dataviews are customized sets of data defined by Yesplan users. Each dataview assembles data that can be retrieved through a single endpoint.
- Generic Ticketing API: an API built specifically for developers who want to integrate Yesplan with ticketing software.
Each installation has a instance of the Swagger UI Tool at
What Are the Core Concepts in Yesplan?§
|An event is an occasion of a venue that has to be planned and organized. Events always have a date, status and profile.
|Concert, play, business meeting, conference etc.
|A group of events that belong together. The group and its events have a relation of inheritance.
|A concert (event group) consisting of two events: the main act and the support act. A conference (event group) consisting of workshops (events) in different locations.
|An event’s timetable, describing in detail what happens when.
|15:00-16:00 - Soundcheck; 19:00 - Doors; 20:00-22:00 - Performance
|A person or organization with whom one communicates for the planning of events or the daily operation of the venue. Contacts can be booked on events.
|Artist, booking agency, production manager, freelance technician etc.
|The stock or supply of material, services, staff and other assets that can be used to organize an event or run the venue. Resources can be booked on events.
|Microphone, stage light, sound engineer, catering etc.
|Placeholder and Role
|A placeholder is a temporary resource that can be booked on an event. Later, the placeholder can be swapped with a ‘real’ resource that has that role.
|The placeholder “Microphone”. It can be swapped with the microphone “Neumann KMS 105”, which has the role “Microphone”.
|A person that contributes to the actual organization of an event. A human resource is a type of resource.
|Technician, bar personnel, usher etc.
|A collection of resources than can be booked together.
|An audio set consisting of a CD player, amplifier, microphone and power strip.
|A collection of parameters that define a resource’s price when it is booked. A resource can have more than one price definition. A booked resource always has one single price definition applied.
|A microphone’s price definition for in-house events (result: € 0) versus its price definition for commercial events (result: € 20 per hour).
|A place where an event takes place on a certain date.
|Theatre, Blackbox, Concert Hall, Foyer etc.
|Custom Data Field
|A data field that has been added by the customer. Custom data fields can be edited through the API.
|Custom data fields for the external point of contact, technical rider, capacity, subtitle etc.
|A data field that is part of and provided with every installation of Yesplan. System fields can be read through the API, but they can’t be edited.
|Event name/status/profile, resource name/group/type, contact name/phone/email etc.
|A collection of scopes and keywords that can be combined with values to request information from Yesplan. Queries using the query language can also be used in the APIs.
|The unique identifier of an object in Yesplan. The Yesplan ID is crucial when requesting information through the Yesplan API.
|The Yesplan ID of an individual contact, resource, event etc.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and we will gladly answer them.
Note that we don’t offer phone support.