Yesplan offers two ways to remain informed of changes to items:
- You can follow a specific item and receive an update for every change.
- Or you can use rules to set the concrete changes or properties of items you want to receive an update about.
The various inspectors in Yesplan have a star icon in the upper right corner:
- You can follow the item in question by clicking this star: the star becomes blue and from then on every change to the item will appear in “Updates” under “Only Show Updates I Follow”.
- To stop following an item, simply click the star again.
- You’ll find an overview of all the items that you follow in “User Settings” > “Updates” > “Starred Items”. You can also decide to stop following an item here by clicking the blue star.
This way, you can follow the elements below in Yesplan:
- Event groups (you also follow events inside that group)
- Resources (including locations)
- Contacts and organizations
The disadvantage of this approach is that you receive updates for every change, and there can be a lot of them. That’s why it’s also possible to set update rules.
Rules enable you to accurately determine which changes you want to see in the updates. You can set these rules under “User Preferences” > “Updates”. You will find a summary of the existing rules and can add new rules by clicking “Add rule”.
Once you have added a rule, you can set it:
- Choose a clear name. This will make it easy to find and recognize it later.
- Select the type of item that you want to follow: events, event groups, resources, contacts, tasks or custom data.
- Determine whether you want to receive updates if either one or every condition is met.
- Establish the conditions. There are two types of conditions:
- A property of the item in question, e.g. “Name”, “Status”, “Profile”, “Owner” and “Primary Group of the Owner” for events. You will receive updates about every change as long as the conditions are satisfied (but not any longer).
- A change to the item in question. This condition typically contains the word “changed”. You will receive a single update if, for example, the status of an event changes to ‘Confirmed’.
- Add conditions with the ‘+’ icon and delete them with the ‘–’ icon.
Are you creating a rule for the property “Status” or “Profile” of events and event groups? Then you can choose from two comparators:
- With the comparator “is exactly” you receive updates on events.
- With the comparator “contains” you receive updates on events and event groups.
By combining conditions you establish for which items and which changes you want to receive updates, e.g. for:
- Events where the name starts with ‘BluesLab’ AND the profile is exactly ‘Concert’ AND the status is changed to ‘Confirmed’. In that case, you will receive one single update for the status change.
- Events with the exact profile ‘Reception’ OR the commercial manager as owner. In that case, you will receive updates for every change as long as one of the conditions is satisfied.
- Resources in which the name starts with ‘beam’ OR ‘project’.
At the bottom of each rule, you can use a checkbox to determine whether you want to receive updates via email.
You will only receive an update if you entered your email address under “User Preferences” > “User Profile” > “Email”.
Changing or Deleting Rules§
You can change existing rules by clicking “Edit” to the right of a rule:
- Change the rule as desired and click “OK” to save it.
- Click “Delete” to delete the rule.