Labels and Descriptions
In Yesplan you can draw up a list of names for several concepts manually, from which a user can choose:
- labels for events (managed under “Events” > “Labels”)
- schedule descriptions for events (managed under “Events” > “Schedule Descriptions”)
- names of price definitions for resources (managed under “Resources” > “Price Definition Names”)
- labels for contacts (managed under “Contacts” > “Labels”).
If a Yesplan user clicks on one of these fields or begins to enter a value, you can have a suggestion list appear. In this way you can help the user to choose the right value. In System Settings we use three types of values for these suggestion lists:
- Promoted: these always appear, even if the input field is empty. Values can only be added to the list by an administrator.
- Suggested: these appear when the user starts typing in the field. For example, if the user begins to type “st”, the values “Student” and “Administration” will appear, because they contain “st”.
- All others: these values will have been entered by a user at some other point, but are not be shown as a suggestion.
In the example above, a label is added to a contact. The user has entered the characters ‘st’.
- Above the line, promoted values containing the values “st” appear: “Student”, “Administration” and “Artist”.
- Below the line, suggested values containing the values “st” appear: “staff”, “illustrator” and “essayist”. These will have been entered by other users at some point and only appear when the user starts typing in the field.
Adding and Editing Labels and Descriptions§
Labels and descriptions can be created and edited in the following way:
- Create: enter the name in the text field at the bottom of the “Promoted” table and press the
Enterkey or click “Add”. If the label is already in the “All others” list, it will move to the “Promoted” list.
- Edit: to edit an existing label, double-click it and make the change. Now press the
Enterkey or click “OK”.
- Delete: if the label is not being used in Yesplan it can be deleted. Yesplan deletes labels from the “All others” list automatically when they are not in use.
When edited, the label changes not only in the drop-down menu but also in places where it has already been selected:
- You have a contact label “Customer”, which has already been selected in “The River”.
- You change the label to “Client”.
- From now on, the contact label suggestion list will contain “Client” instead of “Customer”. The label for the contact “The River” will now be “Client”.
These names must be unique. If the name you add already exists (and so appears in the list), you will receive a warning. Please note that the line is case-sensitive: the names “stage” and “Stage” could both appear in the schedule descriptions list, for example.
Setting Suggestion List Behaviour§
You can set the behaviour of the suggestion list via the drop-down menu in the top right-hand corner:
- Do not allow users to add new values: users cannot enter values to the input field manually. They can only select recommended or suggested values. In short, the Yesplan administrator is the only person to decide which values can be entered.
- Allow users to add new suggested values: users can enter values manually, which then appear in the table of suggested values automatically.
- Allow users to add other values: users can add values manually, which then appear automatically in the table of other values, which are never suggested. This option is available only in the schedule description suggestion list.
Changing the Label or Description Type§
In System Settings you can change label or description types easily by, in the case of descriptions, for example, clicking “Move to Promoted Descriptions”, “Move to Suggested Descriptions” or “Move to Other Descriptions”. In that case the value is entered to the table concerned.
Labels cannot be deleted from suggestion lists if they are in use in Yesplan. They can only be moved to the list of other descriptions to prevent them from appearing to users.