Yesplan 26, Oct 2019
Good to Know§
The following changes influence the way that you use Yesplan:
- Under “User Settings”, “Notifications” has become “Updates”.
If you receive notifications via email, you must adjust the filter rules in your email service or email program. They must filter by the word “Updates” rather than “Notification” in the subject of emails.
- From now on, the comment field of a resource booking (
tp_comment) in the Teamplanner is a system field instead of a custom data field. This has a few impacts:
- From now on the field is visible on the “Info” tab of the booking inspector.
- It can be requested as a system field in the REST API.
- If something is entered in the comment field, the Yesplan App displays it in the rosters.
- The field can be used in the query language when searching for resource bookings via the comment attribute.
You can no longer add the comment field to tabs of your choosing in inspectors. If this causes a problem for your current workflow in Yesplan, you can turn on the option “Use the deprecated custom data field tp_comment for resource bookings” under “System Settings” > “System Preferences”. The comment field will once again act like a custom data field, and you can add it to tabs.
From now on you can make a draft version of rosters in the Teamplanner. Once it is finished, you can publish the rosters for your human resources:
- When you publish rosters, you make a particular period of the schedule visible for your human resources. You can schedule the publication in such a way that the rosters become visible on a specific day. If the roster hasn’t been published previously, Yesplan automatically publishes it on Sunday evening for the following seven days.
- Roster planners decide in the Teamplanner whether a roster is published and if so, when it is published. The roster planner can also revoke published rosters.
- The rosters are communicated via the iCalendar feed and the new Yesplan App, which is visible if your organization has the Teamplanner module. In the Yesplan App, your human resources can choose to receive (email) notifications about the publication of their roster and about changes to published rosters.
- The Teamplanner icon can be made invisible for human resources in the Yesplan navigation menu. That way you can ensure that only roster planners have access to the Teamplanner.
- The Teamplanner currently allows you to show counters including or excluding unpublished rosters.
- The actual times that human resources perform still have to be entered in the Teamplanner.
- If a human resource is not a Yesplan user, you can still publish his/her roster. They will not have access to the Yesplan App, but they can consult rosters via the iCalendar feed.
The Yesplan App§
The Yesplan App is accessible to Yesplan users via browsers on smartphones, tablets and laptop/desktop computers. The App is currently only available if your organization uses the Teamplanner. It allows your team members to consult their rosters. You can open the Yesplan App:
- via the Yesplan navigation menu (“User” > “Yesplan App”)
- via the login page (choose “Sign In to App Instead”)
- via a specific URL.
In the Yesplan App, you can choose to receive notifications when a roster is published or revoked. For published rosters, you receive notifications:
- when bookings, shifts, breaks and unavailabilities are added or deleted
- when bookings and unavailabilities change (date, schedule item or name)
- when the location of an event changes
- when the role on a booking changes
- when the reason for an unavailability changes.
If you are a Yesplan user and have entered an email address, you can also receive notifications via email.
- You can now make dataviews with resource bookings and future conflicts.
- The drop-down menu for creating a dataview is sorted alphabetically.
- Dataviews with a start date/time and an end date/time display results more quickly.
- The dataview for resources now contains fields for the “Linked user”; this allows you to build a list of users in Yesplan. See Managing Users for more information.
- From now on you can choose a new password if you have forgotten the old password. On the login page, click “Forgot your password?”, enter your username or email address and Yesplan will send an email with a link to change your password. This only works if your Yesplan profile includes an email address.
- The version number of Yesplan will be mentioned in the navigation menu from now on. Hover over “Help” to see it.
- Wherever possible, Yesplan now uses “sticky headers” for tables if the browser supports this: when scrolling, the header of a table ‘sticks’ to the top of the window.
- The “History” tab in the various inspectors now consists of several pages if the list becomes too long.
- Excel files based on Jasper reports now round numbers correctly.
- As of this release, new users have the large view by default in the event calendar.
- If the price of a booked resource is overridden manually, the difference between the old and new price is available as a percentage in the API and in dataviews. This does not apply to automatically calculated discounts on the resource via the discount rules that are set in the “Prices” tab of the resource.
- In the resources finder a copied resource has the same name as the original, followed by ” (copy)”. This makes clear which resource is the copy and which is the original.
- If the schedule items of an event take place on the previous or next day, the date will now be clearly displayed in the “Bookings” tab of the booked resources inspector when you click on the blue bar.
- Under “System Settings” > “Events” > “Profiles”, we have changed the text “Set as Default” next to a profile into “Set as Default for New Users” because this is a better description of the functionality.
- You can also consult and adapt the permission templates and the settings related to permissions under “System Settings” > “Users” > “Show Suspended Users”.
- Under “System Settings” > “Resources” > “Locations” there is a new column for the abbreviation of locations. You can adapt these abbreviations in the column by double-clicking.
- After importing a file in “System Settings” > “Imports”, the name of the uploaded file is now displayed to clarify that the upload is successful.
- From now on the templates are listed in alphabetical order under “System Settings” > “Users” > “Permission Templates”.
- You can view the login history per user by clicking on “Show All” under “System Settings” > “Audit”. Requesting and creating a new password is also registered here.
- From now on you can also enter an iCalendar feed with “https” at the beginning of the URL under “System Settings” > “Events” > “Date Decorations”.
- The default format for exporting and importing CSV files is now “CSV (UTF-8)”. The names of the other CSV formats also follow the naming in Microsoft Excel.
- If multiple dates are selected in the Teamplanner, the date of events is also explicitly displayed in the event browser on the right side of the screen.
- If the schedule items of an event take place on the previous or next day, the date will now be clearly displayed in the event browser of the Teamplanner.
- The event browser of the Teamplanner now contains “sticky headers” if the browser supports this: when scrolling, the name of the location ‘sticks’ to the top of the window.
- Teamplanner counters are no longer accessible via the REST API if the Teamplanner module is not activated.
- HTTPS requests are now possible without extra configuration by Yesplan.
- The “Performer” field
ArtistNamewill now be sent to ActiveTickets.