Yesplan 29, Apr 2023
The update is due in the next few weeks:
- You’ll be given notice of the date and time in Yesplan a week before the update.
- Afterwards, you’ll receive another notification in Yesplan telling you that the update went well.
At the bottom of this page, you will find the release notes for the additional updates in Yesplan 29.x.
To improve the operation of Yesplan, it is sometimes necessary to remove or change parts. If this potentially disrupts processes, we first place such functionality under “Deprecated Functionality”:
Changed permanently 👋§
In Yesplan 28 we announced that we would delete or modify certain aspects of Yesplan. The following functionality has been definitively modified in Yesplan 29:
- The keywords “anycomment”, “anycontactinfo” and “anylabel” have been removed from Yesplan.
- The “Draft” mode has been removed from the event calendar.
- Labels will be alphabetically sorted everywhere in Yesplan from now on.
- Permissions for shifts and breaks in Teamplanner will be set by the “Book” permissions on the human resource from now on.
The following functionality is still available by default in Yesplan 29, but we recommend switching as soon as possible:
- In the API, the URLs of links in attachment fields are encoded.
- The REST API packages custom data fields for remote data of type “Number” as text. The REST API can also send these values as numbers, but then you must first check your existing integrations and adjust them if necessary. See Types of Remote Data for more information.
See Deprecated and Removed Functionality for more information.
It is now possible to set the date format of your Yesplan installation in the system preferences:
- “Day Month Year”: E.g. ‘27-02-2023’, ‘27 Feb 2023’ or ‘Mo 27 Feb 2023’.
- “Month Day Year”: E.g. ‘02/27/2023’, ‘Feb 27, 2023’ or ‘Mo Feb 27, 2023’.
- “Year Month Date”: E.g. ‘2023-02-27’, ‘27 Feb 2023’ or ‘Mo 27 Feb 2023’.
The date format selected in the system preferences does not have any impact on the date format in the situations below:
- The default format in the query language and in queries via the API is
- In the log files that can be downloaded via “System Settings” > “Audit” > “Updates”, dates in the “Date” column will be written in
yyyy-mm-dd hh:mmformat from now on, i.e. ‘2023-02-27 13:01’.
- If you edit a custom data field for an element through the Excel Add-in, this will be displayed as an update in the “History” tab of that element’s inspector.
- A message will appear from now on in the “Resources” and “Team” tabs if an event or event group does not contain any resource bookings yet. This makes it easier to paste copied resource bookings: click right on the message and select “Paste”. Read more about copying resource bookings.
- The screen for the settings of permissions for individual users now displays only the applied permissions template for that user.
- The user groups will no longer be displayed.
- You can no longer add or delete permission templates on this screen.
- For the sake of clarity: this applies only to the screen that you reach by clicking “Show Permission Settings” for a user in “System Settings” > “Users” > “Users”.
- We now use a new way of managing permissions and capabilities in permission templates and permission settings for individual users:
- These screens now contain the buttons “Change Capabilities…” and “Change Permissions…” to edit the relevant capabilities and permissions, respectively.
- If you click these buttons, a new window will appear where you can edit capabilities and permissions separately.
- Your changes are not saved until you click “Apply” in this window.
- If you add columns for event statuses, they will appear in the order of the statuses. Previously, they appeared in the order in which they were added to the template.
- In “System Settings” > “Contacts” > “Preferences” you will now see both the name and the ISO language code for each available language in the “Default Language for New Contacts” drop-down menu.
- Deleting a location in “System Settings” > “Resources” > “Locations” will now be displayed as an update in the navigation menu under “Updates” and in the log files that can be downloaded in “System Settings” > “Audit” > “Updates”.
- The nightly update of active events for ticketing integrations has changed:
- For active events in the past, Yesplan will now automatically retrieve only event data up to one year ago. Old events can still be manually synchronized without any problems.
- Regarding active events, nothing will change in the future: Yesplan will keep retrieving the data of all active events in the future automatically.
- You can now export a custom data field on the event for the purchase order number in Mercurius Export.
- If you open the “Resources”, “Team” or “Location” tabs of the event inspector on the level of a group, then events will expand automatically again if they contain bookings that aren’t common to all events in the group. The same will happen in the “Schedules” tab with respect to schedule items. We unintentionally changed this behavior in Yesplan 28, so we revert to the correct behavior in Yesplan 29.
- If you copied resource bookings within an event group, it was hard to see where these bookings could be pasted in the “Resources” or “Team” tab if the event or group didn’t contain any resource bookings yet. From now on, you will see instructions, and you can right-click on them to paste the resource bookings that you copied.
- In the contact inspector, an error occurred in the drop-down menu for “Country” if a country had already been selected and you selected the empty option in the menu.
- External access was activated for the update logs in “System Settings” > “Audit” > “Updates”.
- If you deleted a contact, only the update about the deletion remained in the “History” tab, and if you undid the deletion, the update about the deletion was the only one that didn’t appear.
- In the event calendar, you were able to open an event inspector for an unavailability.
- When you changed the start time and end time of an unavailability in the event calendar, the ensuing update description was unclear.
- An error occurred if you entered an incorrect date (e.g. ‘31 February 2023’) when publishing rosters, or if an incorrect date was sent to the API.
- If you changed the capability in a permission template to create events, the change was only applied when users with this template logged out and logged in again.
- Some date pickers didn’t follow the setting “Earliest possible year in date pickers is” of Yesplan’s system preferences.
- The actions “Expand All” and “Collapse All” didn’t work correctly in the inspector tabs “Schedules”, “Location”, “Team”, “Resources” and “Task” if you changed the focus from the group level to an event, and then back to the group level.
- If you opened the drop-down menu for saved queries in a finder, and you pointed the cursor at one of them, all options in the menu became highlighted instead of just the one you were pointing at. Moreover, the options weren’t always sorted alphabetically.
- Dataviews didn’t display the role of a contact booking if the booked contact was wiped permanently.
- When downloading a translation file for a report template, a “Busy” spinner appeared in the bottom right corner of Yesplan, even when the download had already finished.
- An error occurred when showing the results of a dataview if the name of a column contained quotes or a backslash.
- In Teamplanner, the counter “Total Overtime Week” showed an incorrect value if you used the date picker to navigate to a specific date.
- If you imported contacts, and your CSV file contained a column for a custom data field of type “Publication trigger” for a webhook, then the results of the import stated that the update was aborted, while it was actually executed.
- When you clicked a checkbox in the “Event” column of a user’s permissions settings, then the checkboxes for this permission also changed in any column for a specific event status. To be clear, this bug only occurred in the screen that you reach by clicking “Show Permission Settings” for a user in “System Settings” > “Users” > “Users”.
- If you changed the date of an event in Yesplan, then an update was sent to the ticketing system twice for integrations that used the Generic Ticketing Module.
- If the value of a custom data field of type “Date input” referred to tomorrow, then it displayed “Tomorrow” in the Yesplan App instead of showing the date.
- In dataviews, the icon of a parameter for the time didn’t appear correctly.
- In Teamplanner, an error occurred if you copied and pasted a booking, unavailability, shift or break on a day with Daylight Savings Time.
- The drop-down menu for “Publish” on the settings page of a webhook integration also allowed you to select publication triggers for other integrations.
- 🐞 Bugfix: An error occurred when you only filled out the time on a custom data field of type “Date and Time Input”.
- ✨ Improvement: The Generic Ticketing API now accepts
nullfor the “starttime” and “endtime” attributes in GET requests.
- ✨ Improvement: The ‘+’ icon in front of actions such as “Add a User” and “Add a Field” wasn’t aligned correctly.
- 🐞 Bugfix: In Teamplanner, it was possible to paste a booking on a human resource you didn’t have the “Book” permission for. This occurred when you also pasted a booking on a human resource you did have the “Book” permission for in the same action.
- 🔧 This release includes stability improvements.
- ❇️ New: In Cevi Export and Mercurius Export:
- You can now export all events in the table of results, by using the “Export All…” button.
- You can now choose to group the export by customer, or by event or event group.
- ✨ Improvement: Selected slots in “Find Availability” now receive a yellow background, which makes it easier to distinguish them from slots that weren’t selected.
- ✨ Improvement: The drop-down menus for custom data keywords in integration settings can no longer grow too wide, reducing the need for a horizontal scroll bar to appear.
- 🐞 Bugfix: If you created custom data fields/blocks/groups that had the same name, then this could lead to internal errors because their keywords weren’t unique.
- 🐞 Bugfix: If you exported data via “Search” in the navigation menu, then columns for system fields could contain values of custom data fields if those custom data fields had a keyword that referred to a system field, such as ‘resource_name’.
- 🐞 Bugfix: In Teamplanner counters, the month October contained an extra working day because of the leap hour for Daylight Savings Time.
- 🐞 Bugfix: If you selected a date via the date picker for the setting “Reset Holiday Counter” in a human resource’s contract, then the date didn’t appear in the field until you also entered a time in the field next to it.
- 🐞 Bugfix: In “System Settings” > “Teamplanner” > “Contracts”, four-digit values for the fields “Average Hours per Month”, “Average Hours per Year” and “Holidays (in Hours)” (e.g. ‘2000’) were converted to two-digit durations (e.g. ‘20:00’), unless you added the minutes explicitly (e.g. ‘2000:00’). From now on, these four-digit values are no longer converted automatically for these fields.