A dataview is a report in which you call up specific data about events, resources or contacts and organize them in a table. For example, you can make a list of all events in a certain period with their name, date, owner, start time, etc. Dataviews are also flexible because you determine:
- which fields are shown (system fields and custom data fields)
- the order of the fields as columns in the table
- the filters that are applied to events, resources or contacts
- the parameters that can be used to search in your dataview
- who can view, edit or delete your dataview
You can also export dataviews as Excel files.
Are you a new Yesplan user? Be sure to check out our Online Learning Platform.
This chapter tells you how to:
- open dataviews
- create new dataviews
- edit columns in a dataview
- edit filters in a dataview
- manage dataviews
- share dataviews
- use dataviews.
The Yesplan permissions also apply to dataviews:
- If you cannot view a custom data field in Yesplan, its cell will be empty in the dataviews.
- If you cannot view an element (e.g. an event, resource, etc.) in Yesplan, that element will not appear in the dataview.
Open the overview page for dataviews by hovering over the “Reports” tab in the navigation menu and clicking on “Dataviews”. If you don’t find what you’re looking for in the list of dataviews, you can refine the results by filtering, sorting or entering a query.
The dataviews page is not opened in a new window. To leave the page, click on an item in the navigation menu.