You can use the Teamplanner to publish rosters as from Yesplan version 26. Below you’ll find a summary of the advantages and steps to activate this functionality.
- Step 1: teams (optional)
- Step 2: activate roster publication
- Step 3: roster planners
- Step 4: the Yesplan App
- Step 5: visibility of the Teamplanner (optional)
- Step 6: integrations (optional)
Before we introduced the ability to publish rosters, you could draw up a schedule in the Teamplanner. However, your human resources had access to the Teamplanner and they were also informed about every change via the iCalendar feed - even if the schedule was not final. You could create rosters via reports, but this made last-minute roster changes difficult to communicate.
Publishing rosters offers several advantages:
- The scheduling of a team is drawn up as a draft. The roster planner decides when and if a roster is published. This means that the roster for human resources is visible starting on a specific date and not earlier.
- The rosters are communicated via the iCalendar feed and the new Yesplan App, which is optimised for browsers on smartphones, tablets and laptop/desktop computers. Human resources can view their published rosters there and remain informed about changes via notifications.
- Email notifications can also be set in the Yesplan App.
- The Teamplanner counters are adapted to the new situation: you can take unpublished rosters into account or you can ignore them.
- The Teamplanner icon in the navigation menu can be hidden via permission templates. That way, you can ensure that only roster planners have access to the Teamplanner. To consult the rosters, other human resources can look on the iCalendar feed and the Yesplan App, which was developed for this purpose.
You currently cannot enter actual times for performances via the Yesplan App. You still need the Teamplanner for that.
Step 1: Teams (Optional)§
We advise you to create teams for the Teamplanner. Teams typically correspond with the diverse departments in your organisation. That way, you can easily assign roster planners per team (technicians, catering, etc.). You can also structure teams and work with subteams.
If this is too complex, don’t create teams and assign one roster planner for the entire organisation. In that case, he/she will be able to publish the rosters for every human resource in the Teamplanner.
- You can create teams in “System Settings” > “Teamplanner” > “Teams”
- See Managing teams for more information.
Step 2: Activate Roster Publication§
Activate the publication of rosters in “System Settings” > “Teamplanner” > “Roster Publication”. Once it is activated, you can assign roster planners.
Step 3: Roster Planners§
If you assign a roster planner to a team, he/she can publish the rosters of all the human resources in that team and the subteams.
If a team does not have a roster planner, Yesplan will automatically publish the rosters for the next seven days on Sunday evening.
- You can assign roster planners under “System Settings” > “Teamplanner” > “Roster Publication”.
- See Assigning roster planners for more information.
Step 4: the Yesplan App§
Are you a roster planner? Then you can publish rosters from the Teamplanner. See Publishing rosters to learn how to do this.
Once you have mastered this, you can communicate to your team members that the rosters are available in the Yesplan App, which is optimised for browsers on smartphones, tablets and laptop/desktop computers.
See The Yesplan App for more information.
Step 5: Visibility of the Teamplanner (Optional)§
The roster planner publishes the rosters and the human resources consult them in the Yesplan App. Now you can decide to only grant roster planners access to the Teamplanner.
- Go to “System Settings” > “Users” > “Permission Templates”
- Run through each of the templates and, if desired, deactivate the checkbox next to “Teamplanner” in the column “Allowed to view” .
- The visibility of the Teamplanner is added to each permission template and is activated by default. Be sure to run through all the templates.
- A human resource must be able to view the Teamplanner in order to be assigned as roster planner.
- You currently cannot enter actual times for performances via the Yesplan App. You still need the Teamplanner for that.
Step 6: Integrations (Optional)§
Do you use an integration to show the rosters of human resources? Take into account that the integration is not yet familiar with the concept “published”. To ensure that integrations work correctly, you must filter bookings with the
unpublished attribute when requesting them via the HTTP API.